.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

The Justice Files

Friday, July 08, 2005

Who mourns for Spring?

No, not the season.

I'm talking about the new character that was supposed to be in Hypnotix's Outlaw Golf 2. I distinctly remember advertisements touting that OG2 would feature "a new character, Spring, Summer's younger (and hotter) sister." Summer, pictured at right, is Outlaw Golf's stripper with a PhD. (I'm not sure what her doctorate is in, but I'm guessing it has something to do with anatomy. )

I thought of this as I was playing the game last night. I was running through Tour Mode attempting to unlock the final character (Harvest), when I realized I'd never seen Spring anywhere in the game. I even checked to see if she could be downloaded on Xbox Live, but, alas, there was no downloadable content available.

Wha-hoppen?

I know that Hypnotix went through some difficulties when their publisher, Simon & Schuster, decided to get out of the game business last year, but how did Spring get lost in the shuffle? Did the new publisher, Global Star, give her the boot? Or has Hypnotix totally lost track of quality control? (Their web-site struggles to keep up to date, still listing OG2 in the "Coming Soon" category, even though the game was released nine months ago.)

Whatever the reason, it appears that poor Spring has suffered a digital stillbirth, never to revel in the stardom for which she was destined.

So who mourns for Spring?

I do.

This tear's for you, kiddo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home